Bloomin’ Baked Potato Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Make this Bloomin’ Baked Potato recipe as a unique side dish or party appetizer. The baked potato skins are crisp and salty, the insides are soft and cheesy.
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or other coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the top off of the potatoes.
- Use a small, thin, flexible knife to cut rings around the inside of the potato.
- Flip the potato over and make cuts all the way around the potato, leaving a small space at the top uncut.
- Carefully flip the potato back over. If you need to make of the of the cuts deeper, do that now.
- Brush the whole potato with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the potatoes on foil and bake at 425 degrees. After 30 minutes of baking, brush the tops with additional olive oil and sprinkle with more sea salt. Return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Top potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return them to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes to melt and toast the cheese.
- Remove them from the oven, carefully transfer them to serving plates and sprinkle with crispy bacon bits.