Crispy Sesame Chicken Recipe
Skip the take-out and make your very own Crispy Sesame Chicken Recipe with simple and easy ingredients you already have in your pantry!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
For the chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- oil for frying
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup*
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar**
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Whisk the eggs and add them to a bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine flour with 1/2 cup of cornstarch to a bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the flour. Repeat the process with all of the chicken.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F
- When oil is hot, add about 8 peice of chicken at a time and cook for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Repeat with all of the chicken.
- Drain the chicken on a paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile, while the chicken cooks, combine the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in a bowl.
- Heat the tablespoon of sesame of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook garlic for 30 seconds then add the sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until just thickened.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, then serve immediately.