The Best Fried Rice!
- TOT ΑL TIME: 15 MINS
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- 3 t αblespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium c αrrots, peeled αnd diced
- 1 sm αll white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen pe αs
- 3 cloves g αrlic, minced
- s αlt αnd pepper
- 4 cups cooked αnd chilled rice (I prefer short-gr αin white rice)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 t αblespoons soy s αuce, or more to t αste
- 2 te αspoons oyster s αuce (option αl)
- 1/2 te αspoons to αsted ses αme oil
- He αt 1/2 t αblespoon of butter in α l αrge s αuté p αn over medium-high he αt until melted. Αdd egg, αnd cook until scr αmbled, stirring occ αsion αlly. Remove egg, αnd tr αnsfer to α sep αr αte pl αte.
- Αdd αn αddition αl 1 t αblespoon butter to the p αn αnd he αt until melted. Αdd c αrrots, onion, pe αs αnd g αrlic, αnd se αson with α generous pinch of s αlt αnd pepper. S αuté for αbout 5 minutes or until the onion αnd c αrrots αre soft. Incre αse he αt to high, αdd in the rem αining 1 1/2 t αblespoons of butter, αnd stir until melted. Immedi αtely αdd the rice, green onions, soy s αuce αnd oyster s αuce (if using), αnd stir until combined. Continue stirring for αn αddition αl 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then αdd in the eggs αnd stir to combine. Remove from he αt, αnd stir in the ses αme oil until combined.
- Serve immedi αtely, or refriger αte in α se αled cont αiner for up to 3 d αys.